Tuesday 5 January 2016

Concept: Story Concept Art


Drawn By: WrittenDusk

Despite the pen name I picked, I actually don't do much writing at all, haha. But that doesn't mean I don't have stories I want to write. I have something planned. Hopefully I'll post some writing again soon.

This drawing is based on a really recent story idea that I was inspired with when I listened to a music box rendition of the song "Hitori Omou" by Renka; the opening theme of the upcoming Fire Emblem game "Fire Emblem Fates", or in Japan "Fire Emblem If". Uploaded on youtube by R3 Music Box - English. (The link will be down below for those interested.)

After thinking about the story idea for a while, I just couldn't help but want to try and capture the feeling that the story in my mind had. As a result I drew this rough sketch. I'm pretty happy with it. 

Honestly it's about 80% of what it really could be. From how accurate it was to my mental image to the actual technical aspects, this was not giving 100% effort. But because of that it was a much needed relaxing drawing session, haha. There is one thing that I am quite proud of in spite of the lack of effort. It was the environmental atmosphere I created for the girl on the left. It's the first time I succeeded in doing something so different with the background. (Now that I looked at it again, the girl looks like she was unconsciously inspired by the new Fire Emblem heroine, haha.)

Youtube Video: if ~Hitori Omou~ /Renka [Music Box] (Nintendo 3DS "Fire Emblem if" Theme Song)

No comments:

Post a Comment