Saturday 27 July 2019

Artwork: Reminiscence


Drawn By: WrittenDusk

A quick illustration to give myself a break from my other drawing. Ironically it still took longer than I wanted it to.

I'm still really satisfied with how this turned out. Even though this took longer than I expected, this is still the quickest drawing I've done with this level of completion. This is a great confidence boost for me, as it shows that I'm getting closer to my goal of drawing faster.

One interesting aspect to this drawing though, more than any of my previous works, is that I didn't really think about what I was going to draw. I had an image in my head and drew it before I thought too much about it. Keeping things moving without hesitating.

As a result, for the first time in a while, I actually had the drawing help me name itself. I had to ask myself; what is this drawing trying to tell me? It was kind of refreshing, having to think about what I just drew, but I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to think of an appropriate name. Luckily I think what I ended up with fits it very well.

Honestly I think this drawing was a great decision on multiple fronts. If I can make use of this kind of break properly, I may be able to make larger strides in improvement. But I think this method is equally destructive, as it is productive depending on how you take advantage of it. 

I didn't mean to end off on a cautious note, but it is what it is! Hope you enjoyed my drawing! (^_^) b.

No comments:

Post a Comment